Martin Chemnitz Press

Monday, January 17, 2011

Getting Close to the Final Version of Justification

Cover design and art by Norma Boeckler


My pals in publishing have been applying the lash to my back. "Where there is a whip, there is a way," they claim.

I appreciate the motivation. I have spent an enjoyable day going over an almost-final editing of the justification book. My gruff but likable editor will have a go at it, and so will some others, I am sure. If someone needs the Word document for editing purposes, I can provide that. Otherwise, the PDF will be available later tonight.

I plan on additional improvements and enlargements, but this is it for the time being. I will focus on typos and cosmetic improvements for now. Feel free to contact me at gregjackson1948@qwest.net

Upgrades are dated, so you can tell which version is uploaded by looking at the free PDF. This one will say Epiphany edition, 2011. A later one would say Lent or Easter. I expect to have an enlarged, improved edition in print for the May, 2011 Left Coast Trifecta - ELS, WELS, LCMS.

Thy Strong Word
Meanwhile, I am accumulating editing suggestions for Thy Strong Word. People are discovering how long it takes to go over a text and list corrections. One time an entire university--in Germany--looked over every page of a new book before it was printed. They found hundreds of errors and were convinced that it was the first book ever printed with no mistakes in it. Afterward, people found hundreds that were missed.

That happened with CLP. Herman Otten and a German student went over the text and found lots to correct. When they were done, LI found even more errors that they missed. Herman was dumbfounded, "But my helper was a German!"

No comments: